Monday, August 9, 2010

Ashley's bike!!!

Alright, this is pretty intense. 3 posts in one night!!!! But I am on a roll, and this bike is oober cool, so I pretty much had to throw this up here.

Last fall I bought a Surly Cross Check for my girlfriend Ashley, and since I paint bikes I thought I would spice this up for her a little bit. She picked out the sparkly purple, and when I asked her what the second color should be, she said silver. That was all she specified so I took it from there...

It took me a while to come up with the final plan, so in the mean time I had the talented Erik Noren of Peacock Groove customize the frame for me a little bit. Mid-blade braze-ons went into the fork, and a solid brake cable housing stop was added to the rear of the bike so we could get rid of the dongle Surly supplies. At this point I had a solid idea of what I was going to do, and I had accumulated most of the parts necessary to build this little guy, so it was time to get started.

This picture isn't the best to really see what is going on, but it's a start... Its a 2x9 set up with some sweet cruiser bars, plus purple grips!!







 



Here you can get an actual idea of what I was trying to do. I wanted it just to be bubbles that went up and got smaller, but I ended up using some stars as well. Not a bad choice if I do say so myself.
















 I put a few little accents on the fork as well!!







Here is a better view of the "cockpit." It is even has a speedometer and bell!










Paul Thumbies and some shiny Shimano brake levers make this bike one sick ride!!



So that is Ashley's Cross Check! I was pretty pumped about this project the whole way through, and it is pretty awesome to see it cruising down the road!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 AP-Paints